I am a creative, silly, animal lover with deep-rooted passion for vintage.
I am a trained artist, specializing in oil painting, sculpture, charcoal. I know how to use tools and am not afraid to break a nail. I have unique knowledge of vintage materials and design, history and of course my true love, dachshunds.
I have worn a few different hats over the course of my career. After college, I went on to life as a hairstylist, which turned into a corporate career in the beauty industry. I now have the privilege of devoting my time to this blog, which is truly from my heart.
Taking on and learning new things is something that I crave. This blog was developed partly as a means to feed my ever-changing fixations. My Etsy shop, FIX is where I showcase my finds and share what I am currently excited about!
My little family consists of me, my husband, and our two miniature dachshunds. We are in the process of building a new home which is an incredible experience. I cannot wait to dive into all of the projects to come once we move in!
Click on my logo to check out my shop! You can also find me on Pinterest!
- Artistic, Creative
- Baking: I seem to have inherited the same “wing it” method that my Great Grandma “Toy” possessed; as I am the only one in my family who can accurately replicate her baked goods!
- Sewing: Although I am no professional seamstress, sewing is something that I hold near and dear to my heart. Also taught to me by my Great Grandmother, I feel a loving connection to her when I stitch away.
- The nose of a blood hound. If someone’s painting their nails or eating tuna within a one mile radius… I’ll know.
- I’m slightly psychic. You heard me.
- Walking in a straight line (when on the left), and general gracefulness.
- Use of the “Indoor Voice”
- Exercising. My husband once brought my wedding ring in to be cleaned and was asked if I had been wearing it while lifting weights, to which he responded by bursting into laughter.
One final note…
Although I can be extremely resourceful and efficient, I think that my experiences in this blog may also provide you with unique insight into life as a klutz. I am ambidextrous, and can swing a hammer with both hands, yet often cannot seem to fit through a standard doorway. I have also learned that cornstarch is best heated gently on the stove, as it is highly flammable when in the microwave. This is also true for chocolate.